ISO 11339 T-Peel Test Flexible to Flexible Bonded Assemblies
ISO 11339 covers the determination of the comparative peel or stripping characteristics of adhesive bonds. This test is referred to as a “T-peel” test, because as the two flexible adherends are pulled apart, they form the shape of a “T”. Common results are the average, minimum and maximum peel force and peel strength values.The challenges of testing to this standard are:
- Compliance with the standard
- Data rate used to capture peaks and troughs
- Eliminating slippage throughout the test
- Compliance with the standard – Bluehill® Universal comes with pre-configured test methods and supporting documentation to ensure that you are testing according to ISO 11339.
- Data rate used to capture peaks and troughs – Instron’s 5900 series frames enables data capture of up to 2.5 kHz to ensure that all fast changing test events are captured. Too low of a bandwidth may “dull” the system and lead to missed peaks and troughs, resulting in lower average strength values.
- Eliminating slippage throughout the test – Both the advanced screw action and the pneumatic side action grips employ a patented “quick-change” jaw face design which enables operators to easily change jaw faces to accommodate the needs of their materials.
Screw side-action grips provide a very simple and efficient method for holding test specimens in a wide range of applications. The dual - acting design of 2710-100 series grips means that jaw faces can be adjusted to accommodate different specimen thicknesses. This ensures that the line of tensile force remains concentric with the grip body. They can be equipped with a selection of interchangeable grip jaw faces in various sizes and choice of surfaces including smooth ground, rubber-coated and serrated. Line contact and special coated faces are also available. The unique ‘snap-on’ jaw face attachment makes changing faces extremely quick and simple.
- 1.3 MB
Instron® 2712-04x Series Pneumatic grips, packed with features to enhance gripping performance, usability, and operator safety.
- 1.7 MB
The Instron 2712-05x Series Pneumatic Side-Action Grips offers a versatile gripping solution for a wide range of materials. Available in both 50 and 250 N options, the grip’s robust design is ideal for round (wires),fiber (mono-filaments), and flat specimens with or without shoulder.
- 368.5 KB
Instron 3300 Series Universal Testing Systems for Tensile, Compression, Bend, and other material property tests.
- 12.0 MB
5900 Universal Testing Systems are engineered for precision, built for durability, and offer the flexibility for changing requirements. They are designed with standard and optional features that increase testing efficiency and improve the testing experience for the operator. A wide range of models are available for testing capacities from < 100N up to 600kN.
- 2.8 MB