The 8800 controller is a state-of-the-art, fully digital servohydraulic controller that utilizes Instron®
core technologies and is capable of running static and dynamic tests. Console software provides the main interface to the 8800 controller or a hardware operator panel provides an alternative.
8800 Controller Key Features
- Automatic identification and calibration of all compatible transducers for accuracy and reliability
- 19 bit data resolution across the entire span of each transducer provides maximum data quality
- 5 kHz update rate on each axis
- Continuous update of PID control terms - optimizes the control parameters throughout a test to suit the changing stiffness characteristics of the specimen
- Industry standard HS488 GPIB interface - gives high-speed access to Instron's comprehensive suite of Windows®-based software
- Worldwide service and support - 8800 testing systems users will have access to our complete range of after-sales services including preventative maintenance, on-site calibration, software, helpdesk, and fast spares service
Console is the software interface to the 8800 Controller. All controller functions can be configured and viewed within Console. This includes control-loop optimization, setting of operational limits, and running of simple cyclic tests. For more demanding tests, WaveMatrix™
, Bluehill® 2
, or application-specific software, such as LCF3
or Fracture Mechanics
, can be used with Console.
Hardware Operator Panel
The optional hardware panel is an alternative interface to Console for running basic waveforms quickly and easily. This is preferred by many operators when full computer control and data acquisition are not required.